A SCHOLARSHIP FOR TWO YEARS IN A BRITISH BOARDING SCHOOL
HMC Projects is a charitable organisation which organises two scholarship programmes for very bright and able 16/17 year-olds in 14 countries in Central and Eastern Europe. It takes about 90 scholars each year and places them in some 60 boarding schools in all parts of the UK, so that they can study for the full two-year Sixth Form programme and take internationally recognised qualifications (A Levels, the International Baccalaureate or Scottish Highers).
The information below is addressed to potential scholars. Please share it with your learners.
Could you win a scholarship?
- Are you bright, able, adaptable, different, ambitious, interesting?
- Do you have consistently excellent school grades?
- Do you have a very good command of English, spoken and written?
- Are you a self-starter?
- Could you not only cope, but thrive in a new environment, away from home, immersed in a different approach to learning?
- Could you contribute to your new school academically, socially, culturally, in the arts, in sports?
- Will you inspire others in the classroom?
- Are you ready to make new, lifelong friends?
- Would you be a great ambassador for your own country?
Why might a top British boarding school want to award you a scholarship?
The value of a full scholarship is between £35,000 and £40,000 each year. Why might a school wish to award you such a generous scholarship? Because you answered yes to all the questions above….and because top British boarding schools want to attract top students….
You must be no younger than 16 years and no older than 17 years and 6 months on 1st September 2022;
Your average academic attainment should be at least 8.0;
You must intend to study for the full two years of the Sixth Form;
Your parents or guardians must support your desire to win a scholarship;
You must apply via the HMC Projects Country Coordinator in Latvia, Ms Inga Linde at the Latvian Association of Teachers of English (LATE).
You will need to complete a detailed application form in which you tell us about yourself and your achievements and write about why you want to win a scholarship. You will also organise references from your teachers, take an English Language test and, if invited, you will attend an interview (either face-to-face or online) in January or February 2022 with one or more representatives of HMC Projects. Competition for these scholarships is intense, but if you don’t apply….!
These documents are for the application process:
- Application Form
- Application Instructions
- General Information for Applicants
- Information for Parents
- Income Assessment
- Choosing Subjects
- Teacher Recomendation Forms
The Deadline for Applications is 3rd January 2022.
Make sure you:
- Please complete all sections of the application form.
- Save the completed form.
- Send the completed application form as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with a message stating that you wish to apply for an HMC scholarship and have attached your completed application form.
- Print off a copy of the completed form and sign it where required and get at least one of your parents or your legal guardian to sign it as well.
- Using the included check list, send the printed, signed application form and all the additional documents listed to ‘Latvijas Angļu valodas skolotāju asociācija’ by post to the address: Kurbada 2B-5, Riga, LV-1009.